Monday, February 27, 2017

Second Week

WEEK 2

First Week (SATIT – Demonstration School)
We had our short tour in satit demonstration school and I was amazed at how they take care of everything—shiny tables, well arranged books, children taking off their shoes inside the gyms and classrooms. Also during this week, we received our schedule from our vibrant vice director Teacher Jira. 














She is really accommodating and always make sure that everything is provided for us. In return, we also make sure that we will not disappoint them by doing our tasks as a student-teachers.



 *Students during their P.E class
*Library
*Playground for the Anuban students (Kindergarten students)
*SATIT Clinic

First Meeting





            I am very happy that I was able to meet the students in SATIT. At first, I thought that they will be shy because they don’t know who I was, and where I came from. But to my surprise, they were excited to have their pictures taken and more inquisitive to know who I was, and where I came from. After the bell rung, it signalled their lunch time. I thought that it would be the same chaotic scene that I usually see in schools because children will be racing towards the cashier to buy their food and play after they’ve eaten. Surprisingly, they all fell in line to get their portion of their food because it was already prepared by the school. On top of that, they are tasked to bring their own utensils such as: spoon, fork, and cup for their on sanitation. I thought that after they’ve eaten their lunch, they will immediately put the used utensils to the washing area to be washed by the staffs but instead, they were the ones who washed their own utensils. Imagine that as young as 6 years old, they are given the responsibility to clean after themselves. It is nothing short of amazing!!

Konsulat Indonesia
(Indonesia Consulate)




After one of our class, the teacher informed us to get ready at half past 15:00 because we will meet the consulate of indonesia. There, we were given the opportunity to know more about songkhla with regards to their agricultural prowess and land mass. The consul also asked us to learn more about songkhla and maybe, share it to our professor so that they will be able to know what is with Thailand that you really want to go back after you visited the place. The consul also asked as about the experiences that we had and what it felt like to be living in a foreign country. They are very accommodating and they really wanted everyone to feel welcome that my even I, from the Philippines, was welcomed and felt the sincere welcome of the Indonesians.



My First Week  (SATIT – DEMONSTARTION SCHOOL)
The first time that I went inside the campus, I was at awe at how everything was organized. From the playground that was kept cleaned, to the classrooms which was readily available for learning. The time when I was observing the class, I noticed how the Thai students did their best to comprehend what the teacher is saying, however, they are having a hard time communicating using the English language most likely because they rarely use the English as a medium of instruction. Then came lunch time, at first, I thought it would be chaotic because the number of students outnumbers the staffs in the canteen roughly into 1(staff): 10 (students). To my surprise, it was probably the most organized lunch break that I have ever seen since all of the students were so well disciplined that they lined-up right before each other and waited for their turns to have their meal. After eating their lunch, they carry their plates to the washing area and then proceeded in cleaning their utensils on their own. The bell rung again and it signaled that they should go back to their own classrooms and then my observation resumed.

            The observation that I had was pretty much the same as the ones that I had in the Philippines. Maybe the only difference is that the students’ materials and lesson depends on the books that were issued to them and the content is focused on authentic setting and examples while using the grammar rules in English.




No comments:

Post a Comment