Monday, February 27, 2017

Third Week

Third Week

2nd WEEK IN SATIT – DEMONSTRATION SCHOOL

            I was given the opportunity to observe the classes and be one of the assistant teachers for the day. When I was assigned to the class of Teacher Jira, there was a student-teacher who is doing her demonstration for her finals. I was really impressed with the student-teacher’s teaching materials because you could see the time and effort that she put in just to make those materials because of its grandeur.  






The student-teacher was able to effectively deliver the lesson because she can switch her mode of instruction from English to Thai. However, it would be best if she kept on speaking in English to make sure that the students will be trained to use language. But overall, considering that it was her first time demonstrating, I could say that it was one of the best that I have seen in Thailand. The experience that I had was also great because I was able to gauge the student’s ability to comprehend and their current level with regards to the English language. Furthermore, I was given the chance to interact with the students and to get to know them more with their study habits and learning styles.

            I was also given the opportunity to witness their monthly exercises which the students are gathered to participate in their dance exercise. It was good to see that they are incorporating the importance of health various activities.


 I have witnessed how they train the students to think like a businessman. As a matter of fact, the school set-up a mini market for the students to sell their goods with the fair amount of price. It was really nice to see that at a very young age, they are already training their students to be independent.



STUDENT TEACHERS
        I am extremely happy with my co-student teachers because all of them are helpful, polite, accommodating and most of all, they are very friendly. They made our life in SATIT easier because they always ask us if there is anything that they can help us with. Apart from that, they are also very outgoing that they even invited us to have dinner at a nearby café. And with that, I am truly grateful.







KING RAMA IX





            In commemoration of his Highness King Rama IX, the staff in the faculty of education invited us to witness the amazing display of the talents of College of Arts and Sciences of Songkhla Rajabaht University. In the pictures below, you can see the director and us taking a selfie.  Also, we had our pictures taken in the venue and outside, I was able to take a picture with the portrait of the late King.

No comments:

Post a Comment